-   -   Drop Down List (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/10496-drop-down-list.html)

Snakeoids

Drop Down List

Greetings,
I have an Excel document that has a couple of drop down list controls, but
no values in them. How do I create values for these drop down lists? Thank
you.
Rod

Debra Dalgleish

If the dropdowns are data validation lists, you can follow the
instructions he

If the drop downs are combo boxes from the forms toolbar or the control
toolbox, you can enter an Input Range or ListFill range

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

Dave Peterson

I think that the answer depends on what the DropDowns a

Data|Validation
See Debra Dalgleish's site:

DropDown from the Forms toolbar
rightclick on it
select Format control
Control tab
Point at a nice range

Combobox from the Control Toolbox Toolbar
rightclick on it (while in design mode--also an icon on the control toolbox
toolbar)
select properties
Type in the sheetname!address of the range you want in the ListFillRange
property.

====
(Actually, the dropdown and the combobox can be filled in via code, too.)