-   -   How do I set up drop-down list for a cell when the list is in ano. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/10494-how-do-i-set-up-drop-down-list-cell-when-list-ano.html)

redsunjvd

How do I set up drop-down list for a cell when the list is in ano.

I am trying to create a drop down list for a cell where the data is in
another workbook. I followed directions from the on line help for Create a
drop-down list: I defined a name in the INSERT/NAME/DEFINE prompts. Then I
went to the VALIDATION/Settings prompts. when I enter the name I created in
INSERT/NAME/DEFINE section, click add, then close it comes back and tells me
I cannot use references to other worksheets or workbooks. --- Help, what am I
doing wrong?

Debra Dalgleish

There are instructions here for using a list in another workbook:

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

Dave Peterson

Debra Dalgleish has some instructions, but read the warnings!