-   -   EXCEL to update a number each time worksheet opens. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/104939-excel-update-number-each-time-worksheet-opens.html)

hotchickbiker

EXCEL to update a number each time worksheet opens.

I am doing invoices in Excel. Each time i open a new one i need to put a new
number in ....has anyone got a formula so i can avoid repeating numbers...
many thanks

Paul B

EXCEL to update a number each time worksheet opens.

Hotchickbiker,

A simple way would be to use something like this, you could assign it to a
button, an open or before print event.

Sub Increase_Number
Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A1").Value = _
Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A1").Value + 1
End Sub
For other ways to do this or if this is going to be used in a temple have a
look here
http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/udfs/sequentialnums.html

And if you are new to macros you may also what to have a look here on
getting started with macros

Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"hotchickbiker" wrote in message
I am doing invoices in Excel. Each time i open a new one i need to put a

new
number in ....has anyone got a formula so i can avoid repeating numbers...
many thanks

Dave Peterson

EXCEL to update a number each time worksheet opens.

You may want to look at the way J.E. McGimpsey approached it:
http://mcgimpsey.com/excel/udfs/sequentialnums.html

--

Dave Peterson