-   -   formatting subtotal lines (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/104924-formatting-subtotal-lines.html)

david4141955

formatting subtotal lines

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to format only the subtotal lines
in an excel spreadsheet? I have been manually selecting the rows and
changing the text to bold and the background color to grey so they will
stand out from the rest of the report. I know there must be an easier
way to do this and if anyone can help me out I would appreciate it very
much.

--
david4141955
david4141955's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=37503

Jim May

formatting subtotal lines

Warning !!! On a back up copy of your File

Go to level Two (2) of your sub-totals which generally shows only
your Sub-totals; While there at the menu, select Edit, GoTo, Special Button..
click on Visible Cells Only (far right near bottom of dialog box);
Apply your formatting;

Maybe that'll work

"david4141955" wrote:

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to format only the subtotal lines
in an excel spreadsheet? I have been manually selecting the rows and
changing the text to bold and the background color to grey so they will
stand out from the rest of the report. I know there must be an easier
way to do this and if anyone can help me out I would appreciate it very
much.

--
david4141955
david4141955's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=37503