-   -   VBA Text Box: How To Load Different Text (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/10488-vba-text-box-how-load-different-text.html)

cincode5

VBA Text Box: How To Load Different Text

Hello,

I would like to use a VBA Text Box to display different sets of messages
that can be invoked from various other VBA sub routines. For example, if
someone uses a Pull Down menu to select a User ID, I would llike to use the
Pull Down's Sub Routine to assign a message using Text_Box.Text =
Range("???##").Text.

I don't know if this is the best way to change the contents of a Text Box,
but if someone out there more familiar with VBA can help me to understand the
correct procedure for accomplishing this, I would be greatful for the insight.

--
Regards...

Dave Peterson

This is on a userform?

I put a combobox and a textbox on a userform. I used this code:

Option Explicit
Private Sub ComboBox1_Change()
Me.TextBox1.Value = Worksheets("sheet1").Range("a1").Text
End Sub

Private Sub UserForm_Initialize()
Dim iCtr As Long
For iCtr = 1 To 10
Me.ComboBox1.AddItem "asdf" & iCtr
Next iCtr
End Sub

====
You may also want to consider using a label--instead of a textbox.

cincode5 wrote:

Hello,

I would like to use a VBA Text Box to display different sets of messages
that can be invoked from various other VBA sub routines. For example, if
someone uses a Pull Down menu to select a User ID, I would llike to use the
Pull Down's Sub Routine to assign a message using Text_Box.Text =
Range("???##").Text.

I don't know if this is the best way to change the contents of a Text Box,
but if someone out there more familiar with VBA can help me to understand the
correct procedure for accomplishing this, I would be greatful for the insight.

--
Regards...

--

Dave Peterson

cincode5

Thanks Dave... You seem to be bailing me out of delimmas more frequently.

I'm slowly coming to understand VBA, and when I wrote this post I was
stiffled by what I believe is a sharing issue between Modules and code that
resides in worksheet subroutines. The subroutine for the textbox is not in a
Module, but will execute the command: Text_Box.Text = Range("A1").Text. But
if I write a routine that resides in a Module, this same command results in
an Object Qualifier error. Is it possible to goto a subroutine in another
worksheet or Module. I think its is, I just dont know enough to figure out
how - yet!

cincode5 wrote:

Hello,

I would like to use a VBA Text Box to display different sets of messages
that can be invoked from various other VBA sub routines. For example, if
someone uses a Pull Down menu to select a User ID, I would llike to use the
Pull Down's Sub Routine to assign a message using Text_Box.Text =
Range("???##").Text.

I don't know if this is the best way to change the contents of a Text Box,
but if someone out there more familiar with VBA can help me to understand the
correct procedure for accomplishing this, I would be greatful for the insight.

--
Regards...

--

Dave Peterson

Dave Peterson

So your textbox is on a worksheet. And you created the textbox using the
control toolbox toolbar?

If yes, you can get the value of that textbox by just qualifying where the
textbox is:

MsgBox Worksheets("sheet1").TextBox1.Value 'or .Text

If the textbox is from the Drawing toolbar (but still on a worksheet), you can
do:

MsgBox Worksheets("sheet1").TextBoxes("text box 2").Text

And you can plop the value into the textboxes, too.

'Control toolbox toolbar version
Worksheets("sheet1").TextBox1.Text = ActiveSheet.Range("A1").Text

'Drawing toolbar version
Worksheets("sheet1").TextBoxes("text box 2").Text _
= ActiveSheet.Range("A1").Text