-   -   Naming Sheet (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/104840-naming-sheet.html)

mehare

Naming Sheet

Is there anyway to automatically name a sheet with a cells content?

--
mehare
mehare's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=37483

Bob Phillips

Naming Sheet

Const WS_RANGE As String = "A1"

On Error GoTo ws_exit:
Application.EnableEvents = False
With Target
Me.Name = .Value
End With
End If

ws_exit:
Application.EnableEvents = True

HTH

Bob Phillips

"mehare" wrote in
message ...

Is there anyway to automatically name a sheet with a cells content?

--
mehare
mehare's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=571408

mehare

Naming Sheet

Thanks for the help but I've never used code in Excel.

I've pasted it in, the left hand drop down menu says "worksheet" and
the right hand "change". Is this correct?

The information I want as the name of the sheet is in cell b1. Do I
have to change anything in the code to make this happen?

Thanks again

--
mehare
mehare's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=37483
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=571408

Bob Phillips

Naming Sheet

Yes, change

Const WS_RANGE As String = "A1"

HTH

Bob Phillips

"mehare" wrote in
message ...

Thanks for the help but I've never used code in Excel.

I've pasted it in, the left hand drop down menu says "worksheet" and
the right hand "change". Is this correct?

The information I want as the name of the sheet is in cell b1. Do I
have to change anything in the code to make this happen?

Thanks again

--
mehare
mehare's Profile: