Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default can i write a macro to truncate alpha-numeric data?

I have imported a bunch of data into excel, however, the data I have has a
bunch of extra characters at the end that I don't need. Can I write a Macro
to delete a set number of characters off of each cell that I run the macro on?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

This is the key code:
a = Replace(ActiveCell.Value, "s", "")
the rest is up to you!

--
raypayette

raypayette's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29569
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=570980

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

you dont necessarily need a macro .Post a sample of what the dates look like
now what you want them to look like
--
paul

remove nospam for email addy!