-   -   filtering to show items in a listbox (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/104447-filtering-show-items-listbox.html)

eileenj

filtering to show items in a listbox

I have a protected spreadsheet that I would like to allow users to filter. I
have previously setup macros to allow them to filter on column A which has 5
different categories on it. However, they want to filter on various
combinations of those categories.
Is it possible to create a listbox in a userform that displays the 5
categories, and they can multi-select the options to pick which ones they
want to see. Then, the macro can read the categories selected and filter to
show the rows that match any one of those categories?
If this isn't possible, is there any other way of doing it, other than
writing a different macro for every combination possible?

Arjuna

filtering to show items in a listbox

hi,

It could help u:

Go to Menu data-validation-allow-List-Put ir values like "BCA","MCA"
as optional values