-   -   convert numbers to positive and keep delta value (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/104377-convert-numbers-positive-keep-delta-value.html)

nolenkw

convert numbers to positive and keep delta value

I have a list of values that can be either negative or positive. I need them
all to be positive, but they need to maintain the relationship, or delta
value, to each other.

raypayette

convert numbers to positive and keep delta value

Could the absolute function be of help?
=ABS(n)

--
raypayette

raypayette's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29569
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=570564

nolenkw

convert numbers to positive and keep delta value

I'm afraid that does keep the relationship between the numbers. If I convert
a -1 to a 1, the the difference between that number and another number is not
maintanined.

"raypayette" wrote:

Could the absolute function be of help?
=ABS(n)

--
raypayette

raypayette's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29569
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=570564

David Biddulph

"nolenkw" wrote in message
"raypayette" wrote:

Could the absolute function be of help?
=ABS(n)

I'm afraid that does keep the relationship between the numbers. If I
convert
a -1 to a 1, the the difference between that number and another number is
not
maintanined.

If all you're interested in is the difference, then try
=A1-MIN(A:A)
or if you don't want the lowest number to be zero & actually want it
positive, try
=A1-MIN(A:A)+1
--
David Biddulph