-   -   Conditional Formatting Based on If and Or (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/104366-conditional-formatting-based-if.html)

luvthavodka

Conditional Formatting Based on If and Or

How can I set the conditional formatting of a A1 if B1 or C1 shows #n/a?

(B1 and C1 both contain formulae that will return #n/a until the required
information is inputted elsewhere in the spreadsheet. Hence I want
conditional formatting to highlight information that is missing)

Marcelo

Conditional Formatting Based on If and Or

Hi,

selecte A1

Format | Conditional format | change to "The formula is"

=and(iserror(b1),iserror(c1))

format as you need

hth
regards from Brazil
Marcelo

"luvthavodka" escreveu:

How can I set the conditional formatting of a A1 if B1 or C1 shows #n/a?

(B1 and C1 both contain formulae that will return #n/a until the required
information is inputted elsewhere in the spreadsheet. Hence I want
conditional formatting to highlight information that is missing)

Marcelo

Conditional Formatting Based on If and Or

sorry I have been post and instead of OR as you ask so

=or(iserror(b1),iserror(c1))

regards
Marcelo

"luvthavodka" escreveu:

How can I set the conditional formatting of a A1 if B1 or C1 shows #n/a?

(B1 and C1 both contain formulae that will return #n/a until the required
information is inputted elsewhere in the spreadsheet. Hence I want
conditional formatting to highlight information that is missing)

Mark

luvthavodka wrote:
How can I set the conditional formatting of a A1 if B1 or C1 shows #n/a?

(B1 and C1 both contain formulae that will return #n/a until the required
information is inputted elsewhere in the spreadsheet. Hence I want
conditional formatting to highlight information that is missing)

=IF(OR(ISNA(B1),ISNA(C1)),TRUE,FALSE) Will tell you what you want to
know.

luvthavodka

Conditional Formatting Based on If and Or

This is a good start, however sorry I didn't clarify before that if b1 is
#n/a, c1 will be blank and if c1 is #n/a, b1 will be blank.

How could I adapt this formula so the condition is that b1 OR c1 = #n/a,
rather than AND?

Many thanks

luvthavodka wrote:
This is a good start, however sorry I didn't clarify before that if b1 is
#n/a, c1 will be blank and if c1 is #n/a, b1 will be blank.

How could I adapt this formula so the condition is that b1 OR c1 = #n/a,
rather than AND?

=OR(ISNA(B1),ISNA(C1))