-   -   Changing background color based on different cell (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/104364-changing-background-color-based-different-cell.html)

djarcadian

Changing background color based on different cell

I want the background color of cell A1 to change dependant upon whether
anything has been entered into cell B1. How would I go about doing
this? Thanks in advance! :)

--
djarcadian
djarcadian's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=15877

Trevor Shuttleworth

Changing background color based on different cell

Use Conditional Formatting with "Formula is": =$B$1<"" (rather than
"Cell value is")

Regards

Trevor

"djarcadian" wrote
in message ...

I want the background color of cell A1 to change dependant upon whether
anything has been entered into cell B1. How would I go about doing
this? Thanks in advance! :)

--
djarcadian
djarcadian's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=570508

Mark

djarcadian wrote:
I want the background color of cell A1 to change dependant upon whether
anything has been entered into cell B1. How would I go about doing
this? Thanks in advance! :)

--
djarcadian
djarcadian's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=15877
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=570508

Select the cell A1 then Select: FORMAT...CONDITIONAL
FORMATTING...Select "Formula Is" from the dropdown to the left and
enter the following formula in the entry area to the right:
=$B$1<""
Now depress the FORMAT button and choose the background color of your
choice and you should be set.

djarcadian

Changing background color based on different cell

Thanks guys! Worked perfectly!