-   -   hyperlinks in a dropw down list (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/10427-hyperlinks-dropw-down-list.html)

Wazooli

hyperlinks in a dropw down list

Is there a way to have a drop down list which contains file names that are
also hyperlinked? I have a master spreadsheet with links to other files, but
some of these files are located in folders with other files. I would like to
be able to choose from a drop down list and automatically link out to the
chosen file.

Wazooli

Dave Peterson

I don't think directly.

But maybe you could have a macro that would open the file that was selected.

But that depends on what the dropdown list is...
Data|Validation
Combobox from the Control Toolbox Toolbar
DropDown from the Forms toolbar

(and maybe what version of excel you're using)

--

Dave Peterson