-   -   Cell.Find in VBA (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/1041-cell-find-vba.html)

Jeff

Cell.Find in VBA

Hi,
I have the following VBA Macro:
Set FoundCell = .Cells.Find(What:="199", _
After:=.Cells(1), LookIn:=xlValues, _
LookAt:=xlWhole, SearchOrder:=xlByRows, _
SearchDirection:=xlPrevious, _
MatchCase:=False)

I don't how to write a VBA macro that would cells.find all 5-digit numbers.
Here's an example:
Column A
199
199
75781
75899
199
80012
Thanks,

Frank Kabel

Hi
I think you have to loop through all cells and check the length/value
of each cell

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Jeff" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
I have the following VBA Macro:
Set FoundCell = .Cells.Find(What:="199", _
After:=.Cells(1), LookIn:=xlValues, _
LookAt:=xlWhole, SearchOrder:=xlByRows, _
SearchDirection:=xlPrevious, _
MatchCase:=False)

I don't how to write a VBA macro that would cells.find all 5-digit

numbers.
Here's an example:
Column A
199
199
75781
75899
199
80012
Thanks,

Jeff

I'm not sure I know how to do that.
Regards,

"Frank Kabel" wrote:

[...]

Ron de Bruin

Hi Jeff

Check all cells in the sheet is not so fast

If your data is in one column you can use this

Add a column in your sheet and use this formula in the first cell and copy down
=LEN(A1)

Use DataAutoFilter now to filter on 5

--
Regards Ron de Bruin