-   -   I want to keep leading zeros in my excel spreat sheet, How? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/104046-i-want-keep-leading-zeros-my-excel-spreat-sheet-how.html)

Mark Engbretsen

I want to keep leading zeros in my excel spreat sheet, How?

I need to keep the leading zeros in my CSV files. How can I do this?

Gary''s Student

I want to keep leading zeros in my excel spreat sheet, How?

One way is to put an apostrophe (single quote) in front of the value
--
Gary's Student

"Mark Engbretsen" wrote:

I need to keep the leading zeros in my CSV files. How can I do this?

CLR

I want to keep leading zeros in my excel spreat sheet, How?

Pre-format the cells/column as TEXT

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Mark Engbretsen" wrote:

I need to keep the leading zeros in my CSV files. How can I do this?

Dave Peterson

I want to keep leading zeros in my excel spreat sheet, How?

If you can see the leading 0's in excel, then after you create your CSV file,
don't import it back into excel to verify it.

Open that CSV file in Notepad--or your favorite text editor.

(Reopening in excel will lose those leading 0's--but they should be there in the
CSV file.)