-   -   Make Exec work properly (error messages on start and exit) (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/10404-make-exec-work-properly-error-messages-start-exit.html)

TorG 8-((

Make Exec work properly (error messages on start and exit)

Whenever entering Exec, I get the error message: Microsoft Visual Basic:
Compile error in hidden module: AutoExecNew.
on exit, the error message reads: Microsoft Visual Basic: Compile error in
hidden module: DistMon.

Annoying! Try a little testing before next release...

I am running Excel 2003 (11.6355.6360) SP1

Peo Sjoblom

Try a little more research the time, MS can be blamed for many things but
hardly for badly written 3rd party add-ins

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=307410

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"TorG 8-((" wrote:

Whenever entering Exec, I get the error message: Microsoft Visual Basic:
Compile error in hidden module: AutoExecNew.
on exit, the error message reads: Microsoft Visual Basic: Compile error in
hidden module: DistMon.

Annoying! Try a little testing before next release...

I am running Excel 2003 (11.6355.6360) SP1

TorG

Which 3rd party are you talking about? My Excel is delivered by Microsoft as
part of Office 2003!

"TorG 8-((" wrote:

Whenever entering Exec, I get the error message: Microsoft Visual Basic:
Compile error in hidden module: AutoExecNew.
on exit, the error message reads: Microsoft Visual Basic: Compile error in
hidden module: DistMon.

Annoying! Try a little testing before next release...

I am running Excel 2003 (11.6355.6360) SP1

Gord Dibben

Did you read the material on the site Peo referred you to?

Adobe Acrobat is the third-party in question.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

"TorG 8-((" wrote:

Whenever entering Exec, I get the error message: Microsoft Visual Basic:
Compile error in hidden module: AutoExecNew.
on exit, the error message reads: Microsoft Visual Basic: Compile error in
hidden module: DistMon.

Annoying! Try a little testing before next release...

I am running Excel 2003 (11.6355.6360) SP1

Ross C

Make Exec work properly (error messages on start and exit)

Hello:

I have this same error after installing Adobe CS Suite. Interestinly, it
does not occur under my user name. Any other user does have the error
AutoExec in Word and AutoExecNew in Excel (Office 2003) I found the
PDFMaker.dot and renamed it PDFMaker.old. This cured the error in Word and
Outlook; however, renaming PDFMaker.xla to PDFMaker.old does nothing to stop
the error in Excel. I have tried looking for PDFwriter.xla - but there is no
file by that name on my computer. I also get the DisMon error on closing
Excel.

Any other thoughts??

Thanks,
Ross

"TorG 8-((" wrote:

Whenever entering Exec, I get the error message: Microsoft Visual Basic:
Compile error in hidden module: AutoExecNew.
on exit, the error message reads: Microsoft Visual Basic: Compile error in
hidden module: DistMon.

Annoying! Try a little testing before next release...

I am running Excel 2003 (11.6355.6360) SP1

Chartsmalm

Make Exec work properly (error messages on start and exit)

I see no response to Ross's post. I have exactly the same thing - except I
did find the "pdf.....xla". I moved it to My Documents as suggested in the
KB and searched for it any where else. I still get the "AutoExecNew" and
"DisMon" on start and quit. I am using Excel 2000. It seems to be a MS
problem. I have never had any Symantec on this machine. And, there is no
Adobe now after a re-install. There was at one time and the Office files may
not have been re-written when I reinstalled Office 2000. But, both the Word
and Excel startup files are empty.

"TorG 8-((" wrote:

Whenever entering Exec, I get the error message: Microsoft Visual Basic:
Compile error in hidden module: AutoExecNew.
on exit, the error message reads: Microsoft Visual Basic: Compile error in
hidden module: DistMon.

Annoying! Try a little testing before next release...

I am running Excel 2003 (11.6355.6360) SP1

bf

Make Exec work properly (error messages on start and exit)

Hi All,

I have also had the same problems, I have followed all the advise that you
wonderful people have suggested, visted all the web sites and links
suggested, Adobe & Symantec sites included and still have the same problem in
excel, however it did solve the word problem. But it would be great to solve
this excel problem as it is driving me crazy not been able to resolve this
problem. I am sure there is someone out there who can put me out of my misery.

Thanks

bf

"TorG 8-((" wrote:

Whenever entering Exec, I get the error message: Microsoft Visual Basic:
Compile error in hidden module: AutoExecNew.
on exit, the error message reads: Microsoft Visual Basic: Compile error in
hidden module: DistMon.

Annoying! Try a little testing before next release...

I am running Excel 2003 (11.6355.6360) SP1

Dave Peterson

Make Exec work properly (error messages on start and exit)

Close excel
windows start button|search

Look for pdf*.xla

Move it or delete it from that XLStart folder.

If that doesn't work:

close excel
shell to DOS
windows start button|Run
cmd (windows 2k/xp)
command (windows 98)

At the DOS prompt:
C: (to get to the C: drive)
cd\ (to get to the root directory)

dir pdf*.xla /s

the /s means to search through subdirectories.

Make a note of where the file is and move it or delete it.

--

Dave Peterson

bf

Make Exec work properly (error messages on start and exit)

Dave Peterson, you are a legend. It worked!!!! Windows search didn't find
the file, so I went into dos found the file, deleted it and the error message
is gone from excel when starting and exiting. Thank you so much. Why didn't
windows search find the file?

Many Thanks

BF

"TorG 8-((" wrote:

Whenever entering Exec, I get the error message: Microsoft Visual Basic:
Compile error in hidden module: AutoExecNew.
on exit, the error message reads: Microsoft Visual Basic: Compile error in
hidden module: DistMon.

Annoying! Try a little testing before next release...

I am running Excel 2003 (11.6355.6360) SP1

--

Dave Peterson

Dave Peterson

Make Exec work properly (error messages on start and exit)

Windows Start Button|Search has a lot of parms that you can set. My bet is that
you didn't tell it to search through hidden folders (but that's just a guess).