-   -   check for duplicates, then sum unique values (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/104034-check-duplicates-then-sum-unique-values.html)

Weissme

check for duplicates, then sum unique values

I have an excel database that really should be in Access, but we have a
deadline. I'm concerned with several columns: PARENTCODE, FUNDING,
UNIQUECODE. we now have to update any new entries (rows). We search
an online database and then download the info into Excel (There really
isn't a reliable way to link our workbook to the online information)
It's confusing because several rows may be identical in PARENTCODE but
entirely unique in UNIQUECODE. This is fine. So the difficulty comes
in when trying to display just PARENTCODE information (since a
PARENTCODE may be displayed more than once). Ideally, I'd love to find
a formula or some method to present all of the FUNDING by PARENTCODE
(without errors or wrong information or double calculations) and by
UNIQUECODE.

Also, anyone have thoughts on the following: I want to make a
pull-down list, which I understand. But, I want the list column B to
be dependent on what someone pulls down in column A. For example:

A B
ANIMAL DESCRIPTION
dog terrier, sheperd, daschound, great dane
cat marbled, tabby, ferral
fish big, small, goldfish
horse racing, working, farm, cart

So, if someone pulls down "dog" in A, I only want the possible dog
descriptions displayed, and so on. I don't really know VBA
programming, but if that's the only way to do it, I'll learn. Just
need some guidance from those smarter excel folks.

Thanks!!

--
Weissme
Weissme's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34044