-   -   chart formating disappears when i refresh pivot table data (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/103964-chart-formating-disappears-when-i-refresh-pivot-table-data.html)

wunder boy

chart formating disappears when i refresh pivot table data

hi,
i have lots of pivot tables and charts based on those table.
1. i apply formatting to a particular chart like colors,shadow etc
2 then later when new data is added to pivot table i refresh the pivot table
3. after the above the chart refreshes but the formatting dissapears

how should i correct the problem?

thx
tols

robert111

chart formating disappears when i refresh pivot table data

replace the pivot table with a sumproduct table, then formatting is
fixed forever.

--
robert111
robert111's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31996

Jugglertwo

chart formating disappears when i refresh pivot table data

Would it be possible to elaborate a little on this process using the
sumproduct table. I checked out the sumproduct funtion and understand it but
I don't see how I proceed to used this to "replace" the pivot table.
Any additional info would be greatly appreciated.
thanks!
Jugglertwo

"robert111" wrote:

replace the pivot table with a sumproduct table, then formatting is
fixed forever.

--
robert111
robert111's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31996
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=569780

robert111

chart formating disappears when i refresh pivot table data

To help you further I would need to see a simplifed set of data and what
your pivot table was analysing. I would then suggest how to use the
sumproduct table. To save time you can e-mail the simplified
spreadsheet to , as I don't visit the forum
every day.

--
robert111
robert111's Profile: