-   -   empty variable range (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/10396-empty-variable-range.html)

S1

empty variable range

hi all,
I posted this yesterday but i failed to mention something
and the advise i got is not working. my fault.
how can i tell if a range is empty.
i have a do loop that i want to check a range as it goes
down the sheet. if the range is empty then color it else
don't. the range is assigned to a variable as it moves
down the sheet.
what i am using now is
application.counta("qpa1")
this counts 1 regardless of what is in the range.
anyone have hints, suggestions, directions?
any help would be appreciated.
S1

Jim May

thank you Bob