-   -   Operating on hidden sheets (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/10370-operating-hidden-sheets.html)

Hari Prasadh

Operating on hidden sheets

Hi,

Let's say I have a "Sheet1" which is hidden.

Programmatically WITHOUT UNHIDING the above sheet, I go ahead and write
sheet1.activate
Range(Cells(1, 1), Cells(5000, 1)).Select
ActiveSheet.Paste

The debugger does not give me any error at the statement --
sheet1.activate -- but neither it is activating sheet1, rather a sheet
(sheet2)which is already active is selected and within sheet2's range
(A1:A5000) the data is pasted.

Why is it behaving like this? Either it should paste the data in Sheet1 or
it should give me an error saying that a hidden sheet cannot be activated.
Is there a logic for the present behaviour?

(Pls. note I can programmatically unhide the sheet, do the desired copy,
paste operation and then again hide it but my question is from understanding
point of view)

Thanks a lot,
Hari
India

Arvi Laanemets

Hi

But whi to activate the sheet at all?

Sheets("Sheet2").Range("A1").Offset(5000, 0).Copy
Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A1").Offset(5000, 0).PasteSpecial
Paste:=xlPasteValues, Operation:=xlNone, SkipBlanks:=False, Transpose:=False

When sending mail, use address arvil<attarkon.ee
Arvi Laanemets

"Hari Prasadh" wrote in message

[...]

Rob van Gelder

Try this:

With Worksheets("Sheet1")
Range(.Cells(1, 1), .Cells(5000, 1)).PasteSpecial
End With