-   -   Sorting dataset automatically after entering data in a row [or cel (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/103529-sorting-dataset-automatically-after-entering-data-row-%5B-cel.html)

MatthewS

Sorting dataset automatically after entering data in a row [or cel

If I have a spreadsheet with four column, and rows starting at row 2
[headings are in row 1], and increasing daily.

One of the columns is a "priority" column, which is 1 [for the highest] down
to 5 [for lowest].

I'd like to sort the data each time a new row is entered, such that the
highest priorities are listed first.

Is there a way for this to happen automatically? Or would I have to, at the
least, create a Macro and put that button on the toolbar to press when I want
a sort to take place?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

[I apologize that this accidentally went in the FrontPage forum as well...
sorry about that].

Ron de Bruin

Sorting dataset automatically after entering data in a row [or cel

Hi MatthewS

You can use the change event in the sheet module to sort when you enter a value in column A

If Target.Column = 1 Then
Range("A:A").Sort Key1:=Range("A2"), Order1:=xlAscending, Header:= _
xlGuess, OrderCustom:=1, MatchCase:=False, Orientation:=xlTopToBottom, _
DataOption1:=xlSortNormal

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"MatthewS" wrote in message ...

If I have a spreadsheet with four column, and rows starting at row 2
[headings are in row 1], and increasing daily.

One of the columns is a "priority" column, which is 1 [for the highest] down
to 5 [for lowest].

I'd like to sort the data each time a new row is entered, such that the
highest priorities are listed first.

Is there a way for this to happen automatically? Or would I have to, at the
least, create a Macro and put that button on the toolbar to press when I want
a sort to take place?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

[I apologize that this accidentally went in the FrontPage forum as well...
sorry about that].

Ron de Bruin

Sorting dataset automatically after entering data in a row [or cel

Oops

Change this to your columns

If your data is in A:Z use

Range("A:Z").Sort................................. .

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"MatthewS" wrote in message ...

If I have a spreadsheet with four column, and rows starting at row 2
[headings are in row 1], and increasing daily.

One of the columns is a "priority" column, which is 1 [for the highest] down
to 5 [for lowest].

I'd like to sort the data each time a new row is entered, such that the
highest priorities are listed first.

Is there a way for this to happen automatically? Or would I have to, at the
least, create a Macro and put that button on the toolbar to press when I want
a sort to take place?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

[I apologize that this accidentally went in the FrontPage forum as well...
sorry about that].

MatthewS

Sorting dataset automatically after entering data in a row [or

Many thanks... I will give that a shot.

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

Oops

Change this to your columns