-   -   Huge sheet into smaller sheets (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/10351-huge-sheet-into-smaller-sheets.html)

Mia

Huge sheet into smaller sheets

Hi,

In my workbook, I must have as many sheets as there are days in a
month. In each sheet I have about 20 tables filled with different
types of data: text, dates, currency, etc. The entire workbook then
contains a month of daily data.

Every time I add a row/column, I split other tables on the same sheet.
The guy before me liked absolute references, so you can imagine it's a
nightmare to deal with.

Can anyone think of a way to optimize this ordeal? Ideally, I want
each table on a separate sheet, but then I'd have to save the whole
workbook as one day, and create a new workbook every day - ****er.
Thanks,

Mia

Dick Kusleika

Mia

If I were faced with this, I would reorganize into a database/report
configuration. I would have one worksheet that had one huge table on it
that was all the data for a month. If it was easier, you might even put the
data in Access and link it in Excel.

Then I'd have one worksheet for every type of report that I want to print.
One report is, say, "Cash Received by Customer" At the top of that report,
you use some comboboxes to allow the user to choose the data range, then use
a macro to filter the big database and report the results on your "report"
worksheet.

--
Dick Kusleika
Excel MVP

Mia wrote:
Hi,

In my workbook, I must have as many sheets as there are days in a
month. In each sheet I have about 20 tables filled with different
types of data: text, dates, currency, etc. The entire workbook then
contains a month of daily data.

Every time I add a row/column, I split other tables on the same sheet.
The guy before me liked absolute references, so you can imagine it's a
nightmare to deal with.

Can anyone think of a way to optimize this ordeal? Ideally, I want
each table on a separate sheet, but then I'd have to save the whole
workbook as one day, and create a new workbook every day - ****er.
Thanks,

Mia

Dave Peterson

Without any insight to your workbook at all...(ignore this if it can't work!)...

Can you add a date column to each of the 20 tables to distinguish between days?