-   -   Fixed Reference (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/103312-fixed-reference.html)

filipe

Fixed Reference

Hi,

Suppose that a cell contains the formula =A1.

When I cut A1 and paste into A2, the formula becomes =A2.
Is that possible to disable this automatic conversion?
Even using absolute reference (=$A$1), it still happens.

I would like that the formula remain the same (=A1) even if I cut A1
and paste elsewhere.

Thanks in advance!
Filipe.

Bob Umlas

Fixed Reference

Change the formula from =A1 to =INDIRECT("A1")
Bob Umlas
Excel MVP

oups.com...

Bob Umlas wrote:
Change the formula from =A1 to =INDIRECT("A1")

Thanks, it works!

Filipe.