-   -   Timestamp cell to left after update (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/1033-timestamp-cell-left-after-update.html)

Tahlmorrah

Timestamp cell to left after update

For every row when cell C<whatever is updated I need coresponding cell
D<whatever to update with a date time stamp until such a time that
particular cell C is updated again. Been all over the place looking at macros
worksheet functions etc. and nothing quite matches what I need. Currently I
am using Ctrl-Shift-; followed by Ctrl-; to quickly enter this, but there has
to be a way where I do not have to enter it all.

Thanks in advance

Frank Kabel

Hi
see:

Regards
Frank Kabel
Frankfurt, Germany

"Tahlmorrah" schrieb im
Newsbeitrag ...
For every row when cell C<whatever is updated I need coresponding

cell
D<whatever to update with a date time stamp until such a time that
particular cell C is updated again. Been all over the place looking

at macros
worksheet functions etc. and nothing quite matches what I need.

Currently I
am using Ctrl-Shift-; followed by Ctrl-; to quickly enter this, but

there has
to be a way where I do not have to enter it all.

Thanks in advance

Tahlmorrah

Been there read that, didn't help. As I mentioned in my original post.

"Frank Kabel" wrote:

Hi
see:

Regards
Frank Kabel
Frankfurt, Germany

"Tahlmorrah" schrieb im
Newsbeitrag ...
For every row when cell C<whatever is updated I need coresponding

cell
D<whatever to update with a date time stamp until such a time that
particular cell C is updated again. Been all over the place looking

at macros
worksheet functions etc. and nothing quite matches what I need.

Currently I
am using Ctrl-Shift-; followed by Ctrl-; to quickly enter this, but

there has
to be a way where I do not have to enter it all.

Thanks in advance

JE McGimpsey

Perhaps if you explained why it didn't help (e.g., did you try it? Do
you not have an understanding of macros?, do you need a macro to do
something different?), since your post reads exactly like the problem
the site was written for, you might get a helpful answer. Saying "didn't
help" is asking (volunteer) responders to play "bring me a rock".