-   -   changing default currency in balance sheet (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/102894-changing-default-currency-balance-sheet.html)

harvestman

changing default currency in balance sheet

I cannot change the default currency in the balance sheet template from
dollars to GB Pounds.

My Windows regional settings are set to GBP and the advice given elsewhere
about selecting the cells and changing from the Format menu does not work -
the required function is greyed out whatever way I try selecting the cells.

Gord Dibben

changing default currency in balance sheet

Assuming you're talking about the balance sheet template that is found under
Spreadsheet Solutions, the sheet is protected.

Go to ToolsProtection and Unprotect Sheet.

Make your formatting changes to GBP.

Note: after doing this, you must save the workbook as a Template.

FileSave AsFile TypeMS Excel Template(*.xlt)

You can overwrite the original if you're feeling confident or give your new
template a unique name.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP