-   -   Vlookup function which recognises many dates in one month (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/102885-vlookup-function-recognises-many-dates-one-month.html)

Cammy

Vlookup function which recognises many dates in one month

I need a function which is like vlookup in the fact that when it reads a date
in July, it then goes and finds the July cell in a range and then goes x
number of columns across to find the number. Vlookup does this only for
specific dates but I need a more generalised version which recognises that
the date is part of one of the dates in the month.
Can anyone help?

Dave Peterson

Vlookup function which recognises many dates in one month

I put my date in A1 of sheet1 and this formula in B1 (of sheet1).

I put my table of dates in A1:A999 of sheet2.
I put the stuff to bring back in column D of Sheet2.

=INDEX(Sheet2!D1:D999,MATCH(TEXT(A1,"yyyymm"),TEXT (Sheet2!A1:A999,"yyyymm"),0))

them yourself.)

Adjust the range to match--but you can't use the whole column.

Remember, it'll bring back stuff for the first match it finds--just like
=vlookup().

--

Dave Peterson