-   -   Moving Formulas (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/102879-moving-formulas.html)

benjam_in

Moving Formulas

I have a sheet that contains a number of formulas, every day the sheet
is copied, labeled as todays and the data removed, today data put in.
The amount of rows in the data inserted varies from day to day. Ive go
a number of formulas analysing the data inputted to the sheet that get
shifted when the old data is removed and the new data input. Does
anyone know a way of making the formulas entered in excel stay as they
were no matter what.

Hope someone can help as this is driving me nuts!!

Ben

--
benjam_in
benjam_in's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36295

raypayette

Moving Formulas

When you copy your data do you click Edit, Move or Copy sheet..., and
click the Create a copy box? If you don't, you should.

--
raypayette

raypayette's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29569

raypayette Wrote:
When you copy your data do you click Edit, Move or Copy sheet..., and
click the Create a copy box? If you don't, you should.

That copies the formulas nicely, but when the new sheet is edited as
described it changes all the cell references! This is what I am trying
to stop happening.

--
benjam_in
benjam_in's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36295
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=567769

raypayette

Moving Formulas

Have you tried making absolute references like $A$1 instead of A1 ?

--

raypayette Wrote:
Have you tried making absolute references like $A$1 instead of A1 ?

Just tried that :-( the refenerces are still moving.

--
benjam_in
benjam_in's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36295
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=567769