-   -   Linked Cells not displaying most current data (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/102773-linked-cells-not-displaying-most-current-data.html)

hcamelion

Linked Cells not displaying most current data

I have one place I enter certain data in the workbook then it is used
throughout the workbook by linking. For some reason the target cells
are not being updated from the source cells. It shows old data. I am
tring both: ='W2-E1'!$C$1 and with perenthesis =('W2-E4'!$C$1). Once I
click into the cell and hit enter the formulas work again. I noticed
this after I copied the sheet. Maybe that has something to do with it.
Why is this happening.

--
hcamelion
hcamelion's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36736

Linked Cells not displaying most current data

Hi

Make sure tha Tools/Options/Calculation is set to Automatic.

Andy.

"hcamelion" wrote
in message ...

I have one place I enter certain data in the workbook then it is used
throughout the workbook by linking. For some reason the target cells
are not being updated from the source cells. It shows old data. I am
tring both: ='W2-E1'!$C$1 and with perenthesis =('W2-E4'!$C$1). Once I
click into the cell and hit enter the formulas work again. I noticed
this after I copied the sheet. Maybe that has something to do with it.
Why is this happening.

--
hcamelion
hcamelion's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=567625

hcamelion

Linked Cells not displaying most current data

Yeah its set to automatic and I clicked on the Calc Now and Calc Sheet
buttons. It's still not updating.