-   -   Adding Max function to formula to enter 0 if <0 (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/102771-adding-max-function-formula-enter-0-if-0-a.html)

O Wayne

Adding Max function to formula to enter 0 if <0

How can I do this without creating a circular reference?
Thanks,
Wayne

Miguel Zapico

Adding Max function to formula to enter 0 if <0

What is what you are exactly doing? For that type of conditions, usually the
IF formula may help, but you haven't explained what you need to achieve and
where the circular reference arises.

Miguel.

"O Wayne" wrote:

How can I do this without creating a circular reference?
Thanks,
Wayne

Adding Max function to formula to enter 0 if <0

Hi

Use something like this:
=MAX(0,yourformula)
If your formula is less than zero, this will return sero. If it's more than
zero, it will return the formula result

Hope this helps.
Andy.

"O Wayne" wrote:

How can I do this without creating a circular reference?
Thanks,
Wayne

Jerry W. Lewis

Adding Max function to formula to enter 0 if <0

=If(MAX(data)<0,0,MAX(data))

Jerry