-   -   How to stop message popping up before open the excel? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/102748-how-stop-message-popping-up-before-open-excel.html)

jenhu

How to stop message popping up before open the excel?

Hi,

I have to add "Private Sub Workbook_BeforeClose(Cancel As Boolean)
Me.Saved = True
End Sub"

in the excel macros editor. After I added it, it will keep prompting
the message to users:
"The document you are opening contains macros. Some macros may contain
harmful viruses. If you are sure this document is from a trusted source,
click Yes. If you are not sure and want to prevent any macros from
running, click No."

How to stop this message coming up permanently?

Thank you.

--
jenhu
jenhu's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28969

Gord Dibben

How to stop message popping up before open the excel?

Either set your Macro Security level to Low, which is not recommended or get a
digital certificate/signature and sign the project.

If just for your own computer, Microsoft Office Tools has a SelfCert function.

You can create a signature to use on your own computer only.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 2 Aug 2006 14:37:28 -0400, jenhu
wrote:

Hi,

I have to add "Private Sub Workbook_BeforeClose(Cancel As Boolean)
Me.Saved = True
End Sub"

in the excel macros editor. After I added it, it will keep prompting
the message to users:
"The document you are opening contains macros. Some macros may contain
harmful viruses. If you are sure this document is from a trusted source,
click Yes. If you are not sure and want to prevent any macros from
running, click No."

How to stop this message coming up permanently?

Thank you.

jenhu

How to stop message popping up before open the excel?

Thank you, that's exactly what I need.