-   -   conditional formating - Highlighting text cells based on sales res (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/1027-conditional-formating-highlighting-text-cells-based-sales-res.html)

ANDREW_B

conditional formating - Highlighting text cells based on sales res

Hi..

Ive got a set of sales figures next that relate to specific stores we are
selling our products in.

Ive managed to conditionally format cells where no stock has been sold, but
I want to highlight the name of the store that has not sold any stock. How do
I do this? Please help me Im going out of my mind!!

Thanks

Frank Kabel

Hi
you may provide some more details about your data layout. e.g., some
example data

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"ANDREW_B" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Hi..

Ive got a set of sales figures next that relate to specific stores we

are
selling our products in.

Ive managed to conditionally format cells where no stock has been

sold, but
I want to highlight the name of the store that has not sold any

stock. How do
I do this? Please help me Im going out of my mind!!

Thanks

Peo Sjoblom

For simplicity assume your stock values start in A2 and your store names
start in B2
instead of using cell value equals in conditional formatting use formula is
and

=$A2=0

assuming 0 is the value, if it is blank replace 0 with ""
now select A2 and click the paintbrush icon and "paint"
the rest of the cells

Peo Sjoblom

"ANDREW_B" wrote in message
Hi..

Ive got a set of sales figures next that relate to specific stores we are
selling our products in.

Ive managed to conditionally format cells where no stock has been sold,
but
I want to highlight the name of the store that has not sold any stock. How
do
I do this? Please help me Im going out of my mind!!

Thanks

ANDREW_B

Thanks for the reply. Ive tried this but still not working..If i give an
example it might make sense.

Ok..

Store Id Store Item 1 Item 2 Item 3 Item 4 etc etc through to 18
2 London 2 3 1 0 0 0000000
4 Exeter 0 0 0 0 0 0000000
27 Ireland 1 0 0 0 0 00000000

Ok the list is 400 stores. I need to higlight stores that have sold 0 items.
So in this case it would colour the Exeter cell in red as this store had sold
zero products for that week.

I hope this clears up what I was asking..If this helps please let me know.

Thanks!!

"ANDREW_B" wrote in message
Hi..

Ive got a set of sales figures next that relate to specific stores we are
selling our products in.

Ive managed to conditionally format cells where no stock has been sold,
but
I want to highlight the name of the store that has not sold any stock. How
do
I do this? Please help me Im going out of my mind!!

Thanks

JulieD

Hi Andrew

select your store names and then scroll up (with them selected) so that row
2 is the first row at the top of the screen
choose format / conditional formatting
choose formula is
type
=SUM(C2:D2)=0
click format ... choose formatting
click OK

this will make the store name red if they have sold NO products whatsoever.

Cheers
JulieD

"ANDREW_B" wrote in message
Hi..

Ive got a set of sales figures next that relate to specific stores we
are
selling our products in.

Ive managed to conditionally format cells where no stock has been sold,
but
I want to highlight the name of the store that has not sold any stock.
How
do
I do this? Please help me Im going out of my mind!!

Thanks

Frank Kabel

Hi
see your new post.
P.S.: no need for opening a new thread. Just give us some time to
answer your questions :-))

--

"ANDREW_B" wrote in message
Hi..

Ive got a set of sales figures next that relate to specific

stores we are
selling our products in.

Ive managed to conditionally format cells where no stock has been

sold,
but
I want to highlight the name of the store that has not sold any

stock. How
do
I do this? Please help me Im going out of my mind!!

Thanks

JulieD

Hi Frank

you must be slipping ... i thought you answered all questions
instantaneously <vbg

Cheers
JulieD

"ANDREW_B" wrote in message
Hi..

Ive got a set of sales figures next that relate to specific

stores we are
selling our products in.

Ive managed to conditionally format cells where no stock has been

sold,
but
I want to highlight the name of the store that has not sold any

stock. How
do
I do this? Please help me Im going out of my mind!!

Thanks

Frank Kabel

lol
was busy creating an entry for dick's blog. So a good excuse ;-)