-   -   Viewing source of a pivot table (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/102686-viewing-source-pivot-table.html)

hbear

Viewing source of a pivot table

I'm setting up a workbook with approximately six pivot tables per page. Each
pivot table is attached to a separate query in an external database. I've
just noticed, however, that all pivot tables on a page are pulling the same
data. What might be causing this? And how can I view the source of each
pivot table (the actual address of the queries, not the data produced by
drilling down) so I can verify that they're all attached correctly?

Teresa

Viewing source of a pivot table

Click onto the Pivot Table you want to see the Data Source. Right click onto
PivotTable Wizard. Click on the "Back" button and it will show the Data
Source and Range.

"hbear" wrote:

I'm setting up a workbook with approximately six pivot tables per page. Each
pivot table is attached to a separate query in an external database. I've
just noticed, however, that all pivot tables on a page are pulling the same
data. What might be causing this? And how can I view the source of each
pivot table (the actual address of the queries, not the data produced by
drilling down) so I can verify that they're all attached correctly?

Debra Dalgleish

Viewing source of a pivot table

Ron Coderre has a pivot table add-in that lets you view and edit the
connection string:

http://www.contextures.com/xlPivotPlay01.html

--
Debra Dalgleish