-   -   "F2" - formula look up (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/102683-f2-formula-look-up.html)

Gecko

"F2" - formula look up

Hi,

I'm unable to use the F2 key anymore to look up which cells are used in a
formula, but when I go into the 'formula cell', I can see the colored cells.

Any idea how I can have the F2 key fixed ?

Thanks !

Niek Otten

"F2" - formula look up

You probably have checked ToolsOptions, Edit tab, Edit directly in cell. Uncheck it to get F2 editing on the formula bar back.

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Gecko" wrote in message ...
| Hi,
|
| I'm unable to use the F2 key anymore to look up which cells are used in a
| formula, but when I go into the 'formula cell', I can see the colored cells.
|
| Any idea how I can have the F2 key fixed ?
|
| Thanks !

RagDyeR

"F2" - formula look up

In XL02 Niek,
With *either* option chosen, the cells are highlighted.

I guess primarily because the <F2 key is used to start *editing*.

On the other hand, if one would want to just select the cells referenced in
the formula, you could click in the formula cell and try:

<Ctrl < [

RD