-   -   EDATE does not work (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/102537-edate-does-not-work.html)

Wiley

EDATE does not work

I found the neat little edate function in one of the forum answers, which is
exactly what I need. However, my formula:
=edate(A1,3)
does not work. I get #NAME. Problem is that the Analysis ToolPak appears
to be installed, as it does have a checkmark next to it. Here at work, the
systems people keep tight control over PC's. Users don't have any admin
rights. Otherwise, I would try to uncheck it and reinstall it.

Any ideas?

Don Guillett

EDATE does not work

=DATE(YEAR(A2),MONTH(A2)+2,DAY(A2))

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Wiley" wrote in message
I found the neat little edate function in one of the forum answers, which
is
exactly what I need. However, my formula:
=edate(A1,3)
does not work. I get #NAME. Problem is that the Analysis ToolPak appears
to be installed, as it does have a checkmark next to it. Here at work,
the
systems people keep tight control over PC's. Users don't have any admin
rights. Otherwise, I would try to uncheck it and reinstall it.

Any ideas?

Wiley

EDATE does not work

Don,

Thanks. That works for most dates. But I believe it is only subtracting
multiples of 30 days. I read in another post that the function is quirky.
If I do =DATE(YEAR(A2),MONTH(A2)-3,DAY(A2)) and my Start Date is 5/31/2006,
the formula returns 3/3/2006. EDATE does not have this limitation. I did
find elsewhere a VERY lONG formula that works, but its length makes it less
atractive.

I'm hoping someone has run into the edate issue and has a solution that will
make it work.

"Don Guillett" wrote:

=DATE(YEAR(A2),MONTH(A2)+2,DAY(A2))

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Wiley" wrote in message
I found the neat little edate function in one of the forum answers, which
is
exactly what I need. However, my formula:
=edate(A1,3)
does not work. I get #NAME. Problem is that the Analysis ToolPak appears
to be installed, as it does have a checkmark next to it. Here at work,
the
systems people keep tight control over PC's. Users don't have any admin
rights. Otherwise, I would try to uncheck it and reinstall it.

Any ideas?

VBA Noob

EDATE does not work

This seems to work

=TEXT(MONTH(A2)-3&"/"&DAY(A2)&"/"&YEAR(A2),"mm/dd/yyyy")

VBA Noob

--
VBA Noob
VBA Noob's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33833

daddylonglegs

EDATE does not work

Without using EDATE I believe this is the shortest formula that
replicates

=EDATE(A1,*3*)

=MIN(DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+*3*+{0,1},DAY(A1)*{1, 0}))

--
daddylonglegs
daddylonglegs's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30486
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=567189

Wiley

EDATE does not work

VBA Noob,

Your formual gets confused in February. May 31 minus 3 months becomes
February 31. Thanks anyway.

daddylonglegs,
I would have never thought of this appraoch but it appears to work. And as
luck would have it, they sent out an install to our PC's yesterday for SP2
for Occie. Now edate works. Coincidnece? Hmmm. So I am going to use
edate, unless it decides to no logner work at soem point, but thanks to
everyone for their efforts.