Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Add formula to a column of numbers

Basic question Im sure.
I have a list of numbers

23456
45677
34567
etc.

and I want to use this formula on them.
=CEILING(#####,100)

How can I easily add the format or formula (what ever it is called) to
the whole list eg so the column looks like this.

=CEILING(23456,100)
=CEILING(45677,100)
=CEILING(34567,100)

When I put the fomula in the first line and then drag the corner of
this cell down , it just copies the first line over the others and does
not add the formula to each line.

=CEILING(23456,100)
=CEILING(23456,100)
=CEILING(23456,100)
=CEILING(23456,100)

Thanks Im sure this is basic. Im using XL 97

Regards

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try

=CEILING(A1,100)

and copy down.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"steve" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Bob Phillips wrote:
Try

=CEILING(A1,100)

and copy down.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"steve" wrote in message
[...]

This doesnt really work as it deletes the data in a1 if you put it in
a1.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You put it in B1. No formula can work in a cell as well as the value.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"steve" wrote in message
ups.com...

Bob Phillips wrote:
Try

=CEILING(A1,100)

and copy down.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"steve" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Say your data is in A1:Axxxx

Then put your formula in B1
=ceiling(a1,100)
and drag down that column.

Excel will adjust that A1 reference to point at the cell in the same row.

If you want you can hide Column A or you could
select column B
edit|copy
edit|paste special|values
and delete column A.

steve wrote:

[...]

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

steve wrote:

[...]

This is a possible solution accept that it creates a second column, so
that you must hide the first column.

Regards