-   -   How do I delete page breaks from my documents? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/102466-how-do-i-delete-page-breaks-my-documents.html)

danajohnson88

How do I delete page breaks from my documents?

I have somehow entered page breaks on my documents and I do not know how I
did it or how to delete them so that my document prints completely.

Also, I have 3 columns that I want printed. What do I do so that only these
three columns print out. Sometimes the doc will be only one page, but as I
add to it, it will be more lines. But I only want the same three columns to
print each time (not D-ZZ too) only A-C.

Ron Coderre

How do I delete page breaks from my documents?

Try this:

To remove multiple page breaks:
**********************
From the Excel main menu:
<view<page break preview
(The solid blue lines represent page breaks)

Then...to remove a page break...
Right-click on any cell immediately below the solid blue line.
Select Remove Page Break

Then...to create a page break...
Right-click on any cell immediately below where you want the break.
Select Insert Page Break

OR...to remove all page breaks...
Right-click on any cell .
Select Remove All Page Breaks

When done....<view<normal

Regarding the area printed....
*******************
Select the area you want to print,
then from the Excel main menu:
<file<print area<set print area

Now Excel will only print that area, instead of the entire used area of the
worksheet.

Does that help?
***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP

"danajohnson88" wrote:

I have somehow entered page breaks on my documents and I do not know how I
did it or how to delete them so that my document prints completely.

Also, I have 3 columns that I want printed. What do I do so that only these
three columns print out. Sometimes the doc will be only one page, but as I
add to it, it will be more lines. But I only want the same three columns to
print each time (not D-ZZ too) only A-C.

Marcelo

How do I delete page breaks from my documents?

hi Dana,

Select on the A, B and C columns the range that you would like to print,
click on FILE menu, and set as print area, on page setup, chose 1 to 1 page

hth
regards from Brazil
Marcelo