-   -   Defining last entry (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/102422-defining-last-entry.html)

Jaydubs

Defining last entry

Dear Excel(lent) users,

I have a query concering the following.

In an excel sheet I have a number of columns, which contains teamnames (team
1...Team N)

I am using Columns A through J to indicate which team is working on an
issue. Now I want to know which is the actual current team working on the
issue.

For instance:
Issue 1 has been worked on by three teams (1,2 and 3) in the following order:
A1 = Team 1
B1 = Team 3
C1 = Team 2
In this instance Team 2 is the current team working on the issue

Another example:
A1 = Team 1
B1 = Team 5
C1 = Team 7
D1 = Team 2
E1 = Team 1
F1 = Team 3
In this instance Team 3 is the current team working on the issue

So what I am looking for is the last entry in the (horizontal) sequence.

Hope this makes sense.

--
** Fool on the hill **

Stefi

Defining last entry

=INDEX(A1:J1,1,COUNTA(A1:J1))
Regards,
Stefi

Jaydubs ezt *rta:

[...]

Toppers

Defining last entry

To allow for (future?!) entries beyond J:

=INDEX(1:1,1,COUNTA(1:1))

"Stefi" wrote:

[...]

Dave Peterson

Defining last entry

One way.
=LOOKUP(2,1/(1:1<""),1:1)

Jaydubs wrote:

[...]

Thanks, exactly what I was looking for !
--
** Fool on the hill **