-   -   Cannot maximize an existing workbook in the excel main window. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/102376-cannot-maximize-existing-workbook-excel-main-window.html)

jimmy

Cannot maximize an existing workbook in the excel main window.

I have an existing excel document to which, when opened from file covers half
the main excel window. There is no minimize, maximize or close button a
standard window should have. I cannot double-click the title bar to maximize
the window.

If anyone knows what the problem is or likely to be, I'll definitely like to
hear from you.

Gord Dibben

Cannot maximize an existing workbook in the excel main window.

Jimmy

Sounds like the Workbook is protected.

ToolsProtectionUnProtect Workbook.

You may have to provide a password.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 31 Jul 2006 18:41:01 -0700, Jimmy
wrote:

I have an existing excel document to which, when opened from file covers half
the main excel window. There is no minimize, maximize or close button a
standard window should have. I cannot double-click the title bar to maximize
the window.

If anyone knows what the problem is or likely to be, I'll definitely like to
hear from you.

jimmy

Cannot maximize an existing workbook in the excel main window.

Gord Dibben,

Legend!

Thank a million.

Jimmy.