-   -   AutoFilter Top10 not working (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/102317-autofilter-top10-not-working.html)

[email protected]

AutoFilter Top10 not working

Sorry for rephrasing an earlier question, but a tough deadline is
aproaching.........

In a very large workbook, the Autofiltertop10 function wont work on
several columns (works on some, not others). After setting the criteria
in the usual way, nothing happens. When I go back into the filter
dropdown, the filter shows it's still set to "all".

There are no gaps or spaces,no errors, and the column is formatted as a
number. The data is flat, no formula involved.

Help !

Gord Dibben

AutoFilter Top10 not working

You say formatted as number, but is the data a "real number"?

If the data came in as text simply re-formatting won't change it.

You must force Excel to change the data.

Format to General.

Copy an empty cell.

Select the columns and EditPaste SpecialAddOKEsc.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP