-   -   Importing XML data from http request (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/1023-importing-xml-data-http-request.html)

Pau Larsen

Importing XML data from http request

I want to get an updatable XML list linked to a dynamic .aspx returning XML
from a webpage.

I am trying to achive this by importing XML data by supplying a web address
pointing to an .aspx page returning XML. I am doing this by choosing €śData -
XML - Import€¦€ť.

Instead of retrieving the webserver response Excel attach to the webserver
using webdav (I guess) and retrieve the unprocessed .aspx file (after
providing necessary credentials).

Maybe it is not supposed to be possible to import XML files from the web €“
but then how?

/Pau