-   -   Problem opening Excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/102060-problem-opening-excel.html)

AndrewCrisp

Problem opening Excel

When I open Excel from it's main icon it is fine. If I click on an
excel in an attachement it starts the Excel install process, asking for
the seriel number i.e.it seems to think Execl is not loaed. Any ideas?

Thanks

--
AndrewCrisp
AndrewCrisp's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36653

Jim Rech

Problem opening Excel

I don't know why this is happening but one thing I would try is
re-registering Excel's file associations.

To do that, from Start-Run enter "Excel.exe /regserver" (without quotes,
there is a space before the slash). Can't hurt and may help.

--
Jim