-   -   want to make a formula for a data entry in the same cell in excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/102046-want-make-formula-data-entry-same-cell-excel.html)

kufo79

want to make a formula for a data entry in the same cell in excel

i want to make a conditional formula for a data entry in the same cell

Max

"kufo79" wrote:
i want to make a conditional formula for a data entry in the same cell

Perhaps an illustration? Suppose data is to be entered in col A, from A1
down, and we want to ensure that only numbers greater than 10 are entered.
Here's what we could do:

Select col A (A1 active)
Click Data Validation
Under Allow: choose Custom
Formula: =AND(ISNUMBER(A1),A110)
Click OK

Now we could test it out by trying various inputs within any cell in col A.
If we enter say in A2: 2, we'd get the error msg. If we enter 20, it gets
accepted OK. If we enter any text, say: Yes, we'd get the error msg, too. And
so on.
--
Max
Singapore

kufo79

want to make a formula for a data entry in the same cell in ex

thanks max but this is not my question, i want to make another value in the
wanted cell which has a condition

please advice

"Max" wrote:

"kufo79" wrote:
[...]

Toppers

want to make a formula for a data entry in the same cell in ex

Give an example of what you want.

"Max" wrote:

"kufo79" wrote:
[...]

this is an example:

a1 is the cell which i want to enter a value, and i want to make a condition
on it, i mean if a1<0 then a1=0

please advice and thank you

"Max" wrote:

"kufo79" wrote:
[...]

hi Mr. Toppers you didn't find the solution of my problem yet, plz inform

"Max" wrote:

"kufo79" wrote:
[...]

You cannot enter a value in the same cell that you have a formula.

You could use Data Validation to set a minimum value of 0 and a maximum of
whatever

HTH.

"Max" wrote:

"kufo79" wrote:
[...]