-   -   Week Numbers (Counting Backwards) (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/101892-week-numbers-counting-backwards.html)

JulieS

Week Numbers (Counting Backwards)

Hello,

I have created a workbook October 2006 through December 2008, I now need to
add week numbers to column a, counting backwards, starting on different days,
for example:

Instance 1
12/2/07 = week 0
11/25/07 = week 1
11/18/07 = week 2

Instance 2
3/2/08 = week 0
2/24/08 = week 1
2/17/08 = week 2

Any help you can offer would be great! I have at least 6 different
instances to add to this one calendar. One thing I should probably add, the
instances may over lap.

JulieS

Wiley

Week Numbers (Counting Backwards)

in Col A next to the first date, type "Week 0". Then in the cell below it
type "Week 1". Highlight both week# cells. Move your cursor to the solid
box of the lower right corner of the highighted cells. The cursor chould
change to a black "+". Now right click and drag down COl A until you hit the
end of your weeks. The numbers shoudl increment for you automatically.

Hope this helps.

"JulieS" wrote:

Hello,

I have created a workbook October 2006 through December 2008, I now need to
add week numbers to column a, counting backwards, starting on different days,
for example:

Instance 1
12/2/07 = week 0
11/25/07 = week 1
11/18/07 = week 2

Instance 2
3/2/08 = week 0
2/24/08 = week 1
2/17/08 = week 2

Any help you can offer would be great! I have at least 6 different
instances to add to this one calendar. One thing I should probably add, the
instances may over lap.

JulieS

Bob Phillips

Week Numbers (Counting Backwards)

I think that you need to give us more info. What is an instance, what dates
do you hold (every day, every week etc.). It should just be a matter of
incrementing by some index, but therein lies the detail.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"JulieS" wrote in message
Hello,

I have created a workbook October 2006 through December 2008, I now need

add week numbers to column a, counting backwards, starting on different

days,
for example:

Instance 1
12/2/07 = week 0
11/25/07 = week 1
11/18/07 = week 2

Instance 2
3/2/08 = week 0
2/24/08 = week 1
2/17/08 = week 2

Any help you can offer would be great! I have at least 6 different
instances to add to this one calendar. One thing I should probably add,

the
instances may over lap.

JulieS

JulieS

Week Numbers (Counting Backwards)

Thanks for your responses. Ok, more details...

We use this calendar as a development tool. Basically, week 0 is the
"finish line" if you will. I need to count backwards so that people can see
how many weeks they have left to finish a product. The calendar is set up
10/06 - 12/08, Sunday through Saturday, with each month having its own tab.
Each week has five rows, each day is one Column...the calendar template I
used can be found he
http://www.dotxls.com/downloads/2006...12pages_CS.xls

Sorry don't know how to put a link in this message. Anyhow, I used that
template to go through 2008. So on Sundays, I need to be able to add week
numbers counting backwards. I found this formula:

=INT(((A1)-(DATE(YEAR((A1)+(MOD(8-WEEKDAY((A1)),7)-3)),1,1))-3+MOD(WEEKDAY(DATE(YEAR((A1)+(MOD(8-WEEKDAY((A1)),7)-3)),1,1))+1,7))/7)+1

But it counts forward and I can't seem to figure out what it says, to modify
it for my needs.

Thanks!

--
JulieS

"JulieS" wrote in message
Hello,

I have created a workbook October 2006 through December 2008, I now need

add week numbers to column a, counting backwards, starting on different

days,
for example:

Instance 1
12/2/07 = week 0
11/25/07 = week 1
11/18/07 = week 2

Instance 2
3/2/08 = week 0
2/24/08 = week 1
2/17/08 = week 2

Any help you can offer would be great! I have at least 6 different
instances to add to this one calendar. One thing I should probably add,

the
instances may over lap.

JulieS

JulieS

Week Numbers (Counting Backwards)

I also just found out I need to go back 55 weeks. So in the example of
12/2/07 being week 0, 11/12/06 would be week 55, or the start of that
development cycle. So, it would map out as follows:

11/12/06 - Week 55
11/19/06 - Week 54
11/26/06 - Week 53
**every Sunday would update thoughtout the year ending with:
11/18/07 - Week 2
11/25/07 - Week 1
12/2/07 - Week 0

--