-   -   MS Excel data reading in MS Access (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/10186-ms-excel-data-reading-ms-access.html)

Paul

MS Excel data reading in MS Access

Hi,
I have an existing table in excel, and want to link it to MS Access
(both 97 editions). The (simplified) table looks like this:

John Mary Dave
Project_A 8 6 0
Project_B 1 3 7
Project_C 2 4 5
Project_D 4 1 0

In real, I have 87 columns and 250 rows. This will turn to 87x250 rows
in Access. I need to have it in Access like:

Project_A John 8
Project_A Mary 6
Project_A Dave 0
Project_B John 1
Project_B Mary 3 etcetera....

The table is NOT created with pivot-wizard but manually.
When I use the 'obvious' option in Access to link the data, I don't
get it in the form I prefer.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

regards,
Paul
- Netherlands

JulieD

Hi Paul

check out http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/usertips/tip068.htm
"Creating a database from a summary table"

Cheers
JulieD

om...