-   -   VLOOKUP across multiple sheets (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/101819-vlookup-across-multiple-sheets.html)

EXCELLRNR

VLOOKUP across multiple sheets

How can I create a lookup formula that looks at information in cell V9 and S9
in sheet 1 and finds the information in one of 5 other sheets to return the
correct value in cell K9 of sheet 1?

Peo Sjoblom

VLOOKUP across multiple sheets

But VLOOKUP is only using one lookup value? You can use this technique

=VLOOKUP(A1,INDIRECT("'"&INDEX(MySheets,MATCH(TRUE ,COUNTIF(INDIRECT("'"&MySheets&"'!A1:A50"),A1)0,0 ))&"'!A:B"),2,0)

Where a list of sheet names is named "MySheets" and it will allow a de facto
VLOOKUP over multiple sheets.
The latter formula needs to be entered with ctrl + shift & enter.

An example can be downloaded here

http://nwexcelsolutions.com/Download/3DVLOOKUP.xls

Peo Sjoblom

Excel 95 - Excel 2007