-   -   why do i sometimes get a "value" error when i try to concatenate? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/101816-why-do-i-sometimes-get-value-error-when-i-try-concatenate.html)

islandrm

why do i sometimes get a "value" error when i try to concatenate?

In some of my older spreadsheets, when I try to concatenate, I get a "Value"
Error. Specifically, the formula reads =c1&" Plan". I works in some
spreadsheets, but not in others. I generally update or make changes to old
spreadsheets. Could it be because they may have come from older versions of
Excel?

Dave Peterson

why do i sometimes get a "value" error when i try to concatenate?

In the workbooks that return the error, try changing this setting:

tools|Options|transition tab
uncheck "transition formula evaluation"

(I'd uncheck all these lotus 123 settings if I were you.)

--

Dave Peterson