-   -   Automatic sort (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/101738-automatic-sort.html)

ALEX

Automatic sort

I would like to sort automatically and not manually a spreadsheet. Columns A
and B is my data and by using Large command I was able to produce Column C.
The problem is how to sort Col. A. Please note that there are repeated
values in Col B.
I tried by using lookup but since there are duplicated values the number 19
is only related with name 4 (disregarding name 10). I also tried match
command to get the row # in the range, Col D, and again 19 in row 10 is
omitted.
A B C D
name 1 19 289 5
name 2 9 125 11