-   -   change 'count of' to 'sum of' in pivot table field (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/101675-change-count-sum-pivot-table-field.html)

Rob B

change 'count of' to 'sum of' in pivot table field

I'm transforming multiple excel sheets into a single sheet using pivot
tables. There are frequently multiple items in the data column which appear
as 'count of'. Is there a simple way to get all the entries to be 'sum of'
instead of doing each one manually?-we're talking about 100 items
occasionally!

Oh, and if you can answer this without using code, I'd appreciate it, Cheers
now, Rob.

Dave Peterson

change 'count of' to 'sum of' in pivot table field

If you have empty cells or cells with text in that field, excel "knows" you want
"count of". You can't change this behavior.

You can use code to fix it, though.

Debra Dalgleish has an addin that offers this plus a lot more stuff:
http://www.contextures.com/xlPivotAddIn02.html
and
http://www.contextures.com/xlPivotAddIn.html

--

Dave Peterson

Rob B

change 'count of' to 'sum of' in pivot table field

Hi Dave,

Thank you very much for that, I've asked the ICT guys for permission to dl
it, but it looks like just the thing I've been looking for!