-   -   How can I make reports faster in excel using ADO (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/101653-how-can-i-make-reports-faster-excel-using-ado.html)

ST

How can I make reports faster in excel using ADO

I am using ADO to generate few reports in excel using excel as data
source.As the size of data has increased the reports have become very
slow.How can I make these reports faster?

Thanks in advance.

Kooster

How can I make reports faster in excel using ADO

Assuming the report is 'scanning' the rows of data to produce the report in a
sorted order, try sorting the Excel file in advance (and thereafter) to
reduce the number of scans the report writer performs. Works like an index in
a flat-file database.

P.
--
Overcome Sales Barriers