-   -   Turning #N/A into an empty cell (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/101440-turning-n-into-empty-cell.html)

Thansal

Turning #N/A into an empty cell

I have a VLOOKUP formula running that will generaly return #N/A because
I am just trying to get some data on a few cells from a rather large
group.

Is there some way to automaticly turn this error into an empty cells or
somethign equivilant?

[email protected]

Thansal wrote:
I have a VLOOKUP formula running that will generaly return #N/A because
I am just trying to get some data on a few cells from a rather large
group.

Is there some way to automaticly turn this error into an empty cells or
somethign equivilant?

Use the ISNA function inside an IF clause. ie.

=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(...)),"",VLOOKUP(...))

ISERROR also works but will trap any error cells.

Thansal

Turning #N/A into an empty cell

Great, that was exactly what I was looking for, thanks!