-   -   Creating reports that grow/shrink (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/101267-creating-reports-grow-shrink.html)

dsanita

Creating reports that grow/shrink

Hi all:

I have been trying to prepare a report that works dynamically as if I
were to pull data from an external source. ie: If I write some SQL
code through MS Query and pull data into excel, it will automatically
insert/remove rows from the previous refresh, as well as to calculate
adjacent columns.

Is there a way to do the exact same thing using internal data?

BTW, I tried doing this by using the "get external data"... It work,
BUT, I am not able to transport the file to any other location without
serious consequences, and it takes much longer to refresh.

Thanks for your help,
Don

--
dsanita